All The Hype

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Catching Up! Part II

Next I made a casserole that I so decided to name Expiration Casserole. It originally came from a cheesy potato side dish recipe but I made the decision to make it into a casserole. I just added a few things and changed the quantities.

So I don't know about everyone else, but my fridge is the epitome of things that are getting close to expiring. Usually things like sour cream, cottage cheese and milk. And I ALWAYS have ground beef, soup and cheese on hand at all times! So I added them all together and put this dish together. I really didn't have big aspirations for this dish but it turned out way yummy and cheesy!

What you Need:

6 cups of frozen hashbrowns
2 lbs. ground beef
2 tbsp. Chopped Onions
2 cans of cheddar cheese soup
1 cup of cottage cheese
1 cup of sour cream
1/2 cup milk
1 cup of shredded cheese
1/2 cup French's Fried Onions


I started by measuring out 6 cups of frozen shredded hashbrowns. I figured this way they could defrost a little bit.

Next I browned my beef with 2 tbsps of dried chopped onions. You could use a fresh onion I would do probably a whole onion for 2 lbs of meat. I just wanted the onion flavor and I always have dried spices on hand.

While the ground beef was browning I started mixing the "sauce" for lack of a better word.
This is the 2 cans of cheddar cheese soup, milk, cottage cheese and sour cream. If you don't like cottage cheese you can just use more sour cream. I mixed this altogether and it honestly looks like deviled egg filing haha!

After the beef is browned I added the hashbrowns to make them a little crunchy!

Next mix the ground beef mixture into the soup mixture. I promise it tastes MUCH better than it looks :]

Make sure to grease a 9x13 baking dish really well. Then pour the mixture into the baking dish.


I added shredded cheese on top of this.

Then I added French's Fried Onions for a crunchy topping. I found Cheddar flavored ones :]

And Viola! Delicious Comfort food !!

No comments:

Post a Comment