All The Hype

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Sporadic?! Spontaneous?!Nope!

I have an 18 month wild beast of a daughter. I think about posting but then I decide that going to bed sounds MUCH better. So today I have been thinking about humanity.

I have the most amazing friend! Miss A is a beautiful, amazing, kind, giving and a million other adjectives I could use to describe her.

This woman has been through a lot. She moved to Idaho from California for a man. He turned out to be different than was originally thought. She moved in with a friend and now her job is running out. But yet this woman still seems to be optimistic.

There are certain people I believe that would give you the shirt off their back if you needed it. Miss A is this type of person. We help her out and she gives us whatever she can. And what blows my mind are people that I thought would do that and they don't. Whatever happened to just being nice to people for karma's sake?! I feel so much better when I am nice to people and help people out. Luckily I have people....

In particular family. I have been blessed with the most amazing family! After Erik was laid off we struggled to make bills and although he thankfully got his job back we are still trying to catch up on everything we accumulated.

My parents know that we have no extra money and yet they still invite us to go with them. They recently took us to Twin Falls and paid for everything! Not that Erik and I expected that or that we went wild and asked for everything we could. They paid for gas and lunch and the rest of our day was just filled with FAMILY! We went to Shoshone Falls and had a great time. I hope that Kady will remember our family outings. It is important to me that she knows who her family is.

It amazes me that when you have exceptional family you don't really need to go on trips or buy things to do. I am just as happy sitting under my parents Gazebo with great friends and some home cooked meals just shooting the breeze.

Which brings me to my current project. Things I appreciate. I have decided to take one thing a day that I appreciate in my life. I have lots of things I appreciate but I think if I focus on one a day I will be able to be thankful for people that provide me these things.

So today's Appreciation is:

I appreciate that Erik works so that I can stay home and raise our daughter. He does so well at providing for us. We never go without and occasionally I even get to buy ice cream :]] So Thank you Erik for being disciplined and working 5 12hour shifts in a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment